Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in The Blue Bird Décor Café! Please read our terms and conditions carefully to make sure the conditions of your hire order are understood.
- The terms and conditions are between The Blue Bird Décor Cafe and the Client (person or organization hiring the products) and by hiring from us you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- The rented equipment remains the property of The Blue Bird Décor Café at all times.
- All goods are hired and are the responsibility of the Client until they are returned to us.
- All rental items are subject to availability and prices are subject to change.
- The Blue Bird Décor Café will not be held responsible for any discrepancies due to the client’s failure to check their quote/booking/invoice before making payment.
- These terms and conditions are binding upon payment.
Bookings & Payments:
- There is no minimum order
- Quotations are valid for seven days after date of issue
- To secure your booking for less than R1000, full payment must be made within seven days from receiving the quotation
- To secure your booking of more than R1000, a 50% deposit must be paid within seven days from receiving the quotation. Full payment must be made at least 14 days before date of event. No goods will be released if the payment does not reflect in our account.
- Payment must be made via EFT. Our banking details are on the quotation and invoice.
- Please send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All changes to orders must be made in writing only. Changes to the original accepted quotation will be accommodated as far as possible, but cannot be guaranteed.
- No refund on reductions will be applicable.
- Provisional bookings will be released without notification, should the client fail to make payment of the deposit and/or fail to provide us with the proof of payment within the said seven day period.
Refundable Breakage Deposit:
- A refundable breakage deposit will be charged on all orders as follows:
Orders below R1000: Breakage deposit of R500
Orders above R1000: Breakage deposit of 50% of the value of the order
- The breakage deposit will be refunded within ten days of the return of the items, once all items have been checked and found to be in order.
- This breakage deposit or part thereof will be forfeited if any of the goods are missing or are returned damaged, chipped, cracked, broken, not in its original packaging, dirty or with candle wax on. Any shortages or damages will be deducted from the refundable deposit, at the replacement price.
- Additional charges may be levied depending on the extent of the damage. If the shortage or damage exceeds the refundable deposit, the client will be liable for the full amount. The balance is due for payment two days after client receives the additional invoice.
- Clients who do not settle their outstanding balances will be subject to the resultant legal proceedings.
- The hire fee includes rental for three days.
- Orders for weekend functions can be collected on Fridays and returned on Mondays.
- Goods must be collected and returned before 12h00 on the agreed collection/return dates.
- Extended rentals must be agreed upon in advance and will be accommodated if possible. Additional charges of 30% of the order value per day will apply.
- Late returns will be charged at 50% of the total order value per day until such time that all goods have been returned.
Collection/Delivery and Return/Collection of Orders:
- During delivery/collection of an order, the Client is required to inspect the goods and sign a delivery/collection note stating that all goods have been received in good condition and in the correct quantity.
- Please check your order carefully and bring any problem to our attention at this stage and state it on the delivery note. Upon signing you are fully responsible for the care of all the items and are expected to return them to us in good order.
- The Blue Bird Décor Café will not accept any responsibility for faults/damage/shortages reported after the signing of the delivery/collection note.
- The Blue Bird Décor Café will deliver and collect for a fee, depending on the venue and availability of transport. Please enquire about the fee should you wish for us to provide this service.
- Items must be ready for collection in the same place and manner they where delivered – all items must be cleaned and their original packaging.
- Clients are responsible and will be held liable for any damages or losses incurred when they use their own transportation or a courier company collect or return their goods.
- In the event of using a courier company, the Client is subject to accepting that the goods left The Blue Bird Décor Cafe in good condition. The manner in which the goods arrive at the clients’ premises or venue is not the responsibility of The Blue Bird Décor Café.
- When using a courier company to return goods to The Blue Bird Décor Café, Clients are subject to accepting that The Blue Bird Décor Café will verify the condition/quantity of goods. In this a case the only valid count of goods shall be that of The Blue Bird Décor Cafe, and the Client will be held liable for any damages or losses.
- Once the goods are returned and checked, in the case that an item or items are damaged or missing, the value will be deducted from the deposit and then the balance paid back to you within ten days.
- All goods will be packaged in plastic crates or boxes for maximum care. After the event, please make sure that all goods are repackaged carefully in the same containers.
- Any loss or damage to cartons/crates will be charged for at full replacement value of item.
Care of Goods:
- All hired products must be stored in a safe and sheltered location, when not in use.
- We recommend that 100% non-drip candles be used.
- Should the goods not be returned in the original packaging as per when it was delivered/collected, the client will be liable for the replacement cost of the packaging.
- The Blue Bird Décor Cafe will not be responsible for insurance on any hire items for the period from collection/delivery of such items up until the collection/return thereof.
- For additional peace of mind, we suggest that you take out insurance in the event that there is loss or damage to any goods whilst under your care.
- In the unfortunate event that you need to cancel your order, please confirm this to us in writing.
- The following cancellation charges will be levied:
more than 30 days prior to the function date: 50% of the value of the order
less than 30 days prior to the function date: 100% of the value of the order
- The Blue Bird Décor Café shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury caused to any person, property or product as a result of this hire agreement. The Blue Bird Décor Cafe shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of the requested hired goods.
- All items that are hired are under the responsibility of the Client until they are returned to The Blue Bird Décor Café.